Losing and transferring are the hardest to accept process when it comes to contacts. Often when you buy a new device transferring contacts is the irritating part. To sum the pain up is when you completely lose the contacts.
This are the mind boggling situations which are not pleasing at all. Let’s see what technology has brought about. Digitalization has come in handy to help one save up all their contacts. You can have the contacts in all your devices without the hassle of transferring or the worry of lost contacts. The feature is available in all devices from Android, IOS etc.
We check some few steps to Synchronize Contacts to Gmail.com as follows:
Synchronize Contacts in iPhone to Gmail iOS
- Go to setting on your device.
- Go to the Mail, contacts and calendars.
- A new menu will open select add account.
- Click on google.
- Key in your Gmail account information. Here you might require a code or password.
- Select the next button.
- First check if the contacts tab is switched on, the tab should show green light.
- Now click save then go to your contacts app of your gadget.
- The sync process will start automatically.
Syncing contacts in Android to Gmail
Install Gmail account to your Android device. Note the process happens automatically since Android is a google product. You can add google account by just selecting setting.
- Select the “add account” tab.
- From the list pick on the google account.
- The system will ask if you want an existing account or new account.
- Press on the existing account.
- From here you need to follow the instructions given by the device.
- After the process is over the contacts will be sync automatically.
Manual addition for contacts to the Gmail account
- Navigate to your Gmail account and directly go to the menu.
- Select new contact.
- After getting the contacts key in the information.
- Save the contacts, to verify this check whether the saved icon appears at the right corner of the page. If so, try clicking on it though it won’t have any effect indicating that the contacts were automatically save and synced.
How to export Gmail contacts to excel?
Gmail being a big company and digitalized it has gone further to allow the export and import of contact in the CSV format. This a flexible procedure which can be done in open offices, MS excel and Google Docs.
However, the process is simple and has clear rules to follow:
- Open your Gmail account.
- Direct check on the Gmail contacts from the Gmail account page.
- You can choose some contacts according to the contacts one needs to export.
- Check on the “more” button with this the exportation process will start.
- From the same page check on the export options. We have a tab of “select contacts” “the group” or where you select all your contacts.
- You can also check on the export method whether Google Docs or MS excel.
Taking the Excel method one might not getting the pleasing results. here you need to select the import CSV file from excel and on the screen an option indicated as “from text” from here the system will give instruction and direct you on exportation method.